However, with the aid of social media, many celebrities are now going public about their hair transplants, sharing their success stories and the impact it has on their mental health, helping to remove the stigma. Thus, now more than ever, people are seeking hair transplants, but a common question people ask is whether a hair transplant is worth it?
Here we discuss the pros and cons to help you decide whether a hair transplant is worth it for you?
The psychological effects of hair loss can be devastating. Of course, there are many people who are able to embrace their thinning hair, like Bruce Willis and Patrick Stewart, but there are many people who struggle to accept the change and lament their hair loss. Thus, anxiety about hair loss is often associated with a social cost such as avoiding social gatherings and feeling unable to leave the house without a hat or something else to hide the hair loss.
There are many reasons that people choose a hair transplant over medical therapy for hair restoration. Hair transplants are more successful and more permanent than non-surgical therapies such as pharmaceuticals.
Since hair transplants use hair from the permanent zone on your scalp to cover the thinning or balding areas, the transplanted hair will typically stay put. Non-surgical methods target the hair that is prone to balding and thinning, requiring indefinite daily use to maintain the effect and often producing unsatisfactory results. Additionally, non-surgical methods can have unpleasant side effects that range from itchy to lessened libido, however more recent data on the subject indicates that side effects are very rare. So, if daily maintenance is burdensome to you and/or you are put off by the possible side effects of pharmaceutical intervention, hair transplantation may be a more suitable option.
When determining if a hair transplant is right for you, consider that this method is surgery (thus more invasive and painful than medicinal treatment) that can take up to 8-10 hours and that you will need recovery time. It is also important to understand that the results of a hair transplant are not immediate. It can take several months for the transplanted follicles to grow new hair.
Considering that a hair transplant is permanent, a “bad” or unnatural looking hair transplant is not only financially costly but can exacerbate social anxiety. With the current advancements in hair transplantation technology and a talented, qualified surgeon, the results can look very natural; however, with the boom in patients seeking hair transplants, there are many inexperienced physicians offering this procedure at a low price to get a piece of the market. Unfortunately, this can lead to unnatural looking final results and unsatisfied patients.
Thus, doing your research, committing to fully understanding everything you should know about getting a hair transplant and seeking an experienced physician with extensive surgical hair transplant experience should be your number one priority when investigating hair transplant clinics, not cost. The price of the hair transplant should not be the main factor influencing your decision about which hair transplantation clinic or hair transplant doctor you choose.
Free Online Consultation:
- Take the first step today, simply fill out the Online Consultation Form to get a no-cost, no-obligation hair loss consultation with a legitimate multi-board certified hair transplant expert, and by filling out the form you’ll also reserve your place in our summer super special should you elect to proceed.
- The consultation is absolutely FREE and for your convenience, you can schedule a photo consultation via phone if you can’t make it in person.
Your Free Consultation Will Provide You With:
- An opportunity to have all your hair loss questions answered by a top hair restoration expert.
- An opportunity to learn about all new treatments and solutions.
- A price / cost estimate for treatment of your specific case.
- Easy Financing Options – if you prefer to finance let us show you the best options.
- A Personalized Future Hair loss assessment and diagnosis.
- A Opportunity to take advantage of our Summer Super Special
while supplies last*