Different types of hair transplant surgery
- There are two types of hair transplant surgery FUT & FUE. Many companies have branded the generic term “hair transplant” to differentiate their unique variation of the procedure. Still, essentially all branded variations are a type of either FUT or FUE surgery.
- Follicular Unit Transplant (FUT): A strip of hair-bearing skin is removed from the donor area and dissected into individual follicular units under high-power microscopes and implanted in the area of the scalp which has lost hair.
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE): Individual hair follicles are removed from the donor area using a punch ranging from 0.7 to 1.3 mm and transplanted to the recipient area. This method leaves no linear scar, unlike FUT.
- Each method has its advantages and disadvantages. Both techniques aim to restore a natural-looking hairline and improve hair density in the recipient area. The choice of FUT or FUE depends on individual factors such as the patient’s hair type, scalp laxity (tightness of the scalp skin), and desired outcome.
How effective is hair transplantation?
- Results can vary, but with a qualified and experienced surgeon, modern hair transplantation has been very consistently improving hair density and recreating a natural hairline for the vast majority of patients.
- Hair transplant surgery is typically a faster and more effective method of hair restoration than currently available pharmaceutical hair loss treatments..
- Newly transplanted hair begins to grow back within 3 to 4 months and should continue to grow for a lifetime.
- Under ideal circumstances, you can expect a regrowth rate of 90% to 100% of transplanted grafts. Important factors include the patient’s overall health, hair characteristics and operative techniques.
Potential side effects of hair transplantation
- You may experience temporary side effects for a few days. Side effects may include swelling, bruising, and sensitivity or numbness in the donor area or recipient areas.
- As with any procedure requiring anaesthesia, there is a risk of allergic reaction to the anaesthesia, which can cause symptoms such as hives, itching, and difficulty breathing.
- As with any surgical procedure, there is a risk of infection and necrosis (tissue death).
- As with any surgical procedure, there is a risk of visible scarring. Although modern techniques essentially eliminate any visible scarring, it becomes a risk when the clinic and/or doctor are not sufficiently experienced.
- In rare cases, Keloid scarring can be a risk, and occurs when the body produces an excessive amount of scar tissue that extends beyond the original incision site. This type of scarring is more common in people with dark skin.
Recovery time after a hair transplant
- FUE hair transplantation can be performed in multiple 2 to 4-hour sessions over several days or in one extensive “mega session” lasting 10 to 12 hours. FUT hair transplantation is almost always performed in one large 10 to 12-hour session.
- Both FUE & FUT are performed as outpatient procedures, so you can typically go home after the procedure has been completed.
- Recovery time for an FUE procedure is generally a bit shorter than FUT. In both cases, you should be able to return to your daily routine in 3-5 days.
- It is recommended that you avoid rigorous activity, including exercise for 12-14 days following a hair transplant procedure, to ensure that the grafts are well healed.
What is the average cost?
- The cost of a hair transplant can range from $4000 to $16000.
- The average hair transplant session of 2500 – 3000 grafts typically costs our clients $9000 here at Sure Hair International.
- Costs can also vary significantly based on a number of factors. Later on in this guide, we will explain the various factors and show you how to calculate your own costs based on the specifics of your case.
Why Choose Surehair International?
SureHair International has the experience and a track record of consistently providing our clients with top-notch results. Our hair transplant doctors are experts in the field and are outstanding members of the following associations, so we stand behind our results 100%.
- The International Society Of Hair Restoration Surgery
- The Association of Clinical Research Professionals
- The American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery
- The American Academy of Dermatology
- The American Board of Dermatology
- The American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- The American Society of Dermatologic Surgery
- The American Society for Laser Medicine & Surgery
Uni-Strand™ is designed to deliver superior results.
In 2003 we innovated the uni-strand™ set of surgical techniques, designed to refine and improve upon existing industry-wide surgical techniques.
Uni-Strand™ is based on our own 25 years of surgical experience. The result is a hair transplant and resulting hairline that is natural, thick, and truly undetectable.
After innovating and incorporating Uni-Strand™ our patient results surpassed even our highest expectations; 14 years later in 2017, we were the first in the GTA to introduce a highly advanced R-FUE procedure for extremely precise extraction of follicular units, often referred to as a FUE Hair Graft, but now extracted with the help of highly advanced medical mechanical/robotic implements, to ensure precise, flawless extraction of each graft with complete consistency with what we are coining R-FUE. Our new hybrid procedure simultaneously reduces both the time required and the cost of your hair transplant compared to other clinics.
Hair Transplant Quote: Plus Save $2500
- Take the first step today; simply fill out the Online Consultation Form to get a no-cost, no-obligation hair loss consultation with a legitimate multi-board certified hair transplant expert, and by filling out the form you’ll also reserve your place in our limited time special should you elect to proceed.
- The consultation is absolutely FREE and for your convenience, you can schedule a photo consultation via phone if you can’t make it in person.
Your Free Consultation Will Provide You With:
- A price/cost estimate for treatment of your specific case.
- An opportunity to have all your hair loss questions answered by a top hair restoration expert.
- An opportunity to learn about all new treatments and solutions.
- Easy Financing Options – if you prefer to finance, let us show you the best options.
- A Personalized Future Hair loss assessment and diagnosis.
- An Opportunity to take advantage of our limited time specialwhile supplies last*